Skycamp 2.0 is the best instant roof top tent for families and friends to go on any adventure. It even includes a king size bed. This patented, 1-minute setup design put iKamper on the map. Do what you love with people you love. The Skycamp is the perfect home away from home for 3-4 campers.
- 1-minute setup
- King-size mattress sleeps 2 adults and 2 children or 3 adults
- Thick, durable, breathable blackout canvas
- Wind resistant and quieter than other family roof top tents
- Quilted, insulated lining for more warmth and less condensation
- Lightweight, aerodynamic hard shell with two layers for insulation and strength
- High-performance honeycomb aluminum floor panels (strong enough to hold a 1.8-ton Jeep Wrangler)
- Redesigned telescoping ladder with angled steps for safety and comfort
- Waterproof zippers
- Rain fly for extra protection
- Signature world map design
- Skyview window
- 3-layer canopy windows for versatility and airflow
- Sturdy closing straps with custom stainless steel hardshell locks for peace of mind
- Made with unbeatable quality and craftsmanship at our factory in South Korea
- Highest international standards certifications (ISO 9001 Quality Management and ISO 14001 Environmental Management)
- Red Dot Design Award Winner (2018)
- Multiple colors (Black, White, and Rocky Black which has a matte, scratch-resistant coating for off-roading and overlanding)
- Universal mounting system fits most vehicles and cross bars
- Featured in HiConsumption, Gear Patrol, Expedition Portal, GearJunkie, New Atlas
- Customizable with accessories
- Includes Mounting Brackets 2.0, iKamper Allen Wrench, Ladder 2.0 with Cover, Gas Strut Locks, 2 Keys, Hard Shell Wax (Gloss Black/White only), Seam Sealer, Tension Poles, 2 Extra E-Clips for Mounting Brackets, 4 Rail Endcaps, Fabric Care Card, Instruction Manual
Install Guide (PDF)
Download the Skycamp manual here.
Award-Winning Roof Top Tent with King-Size Comfort for Four
Forget about tent poles because the original, best-selling, expandable hardshell sets up in 60 seconds.
Plenty of Room
A family of two adults and two children or up to 3 adults can sleep comfortably in this spacious hardshell roof top tent.
Built to Last
We make each tent from high-quality components and custom molds at our own factory in South Korea.
Comfortably Sleeps 4 People
The aluminum floor panel folds out into a king-size footprint, and we increased the Skycamp 2.0's polyfoam thickness by 50%. Up to three adults or a family of two adults and two children can sleep comfortably. You won't find another hardshell roof top tent this spacious.
Fall Asleep Under the Stars
Skycamp's signature Skyview window gives you extra light by day and a view of the stars by night. The canopy windows have three layers: an inner see-through vinyl window, a mesh window, and an outer polyester window. They even roll up for extra ventilation.
Built to Endure the Elements
Most tents are made from thin, vinyl-coated polyester that restricts airflow and collects condensation. The Skycamp 2.0 has breathable, water-resistant poly-cotton canvas. The thicker material, waterproof zippers, and rain fly keep you dry and stay quieter on windy days.
Thoughtful Features You’ll Love
The redesigned ladder is safe, comfortable, and easy to use. Thick 300gsm poly-cotton canvas blocks out light so that you (or your kids) can sleep well past sunrise. And little details like the quilted, insulated lining and World Map bring together functionality and aesthetics.
How to Mount & Install an iKamper Roof Top Tent
Thanks to our universal mounting system, iKamper roof top tents fit on most vehicles.
They are designed to be mounted on two normal cross bars (not directly on the roof of the car), such as ones from Front Runner, Rhino Rack, Thule, Yakima, or any other after-market cross bars (same bars you would attach your bike or Kayak to). Our tents come with Mounting Brackets 2.0, which are compatible with a max cross bar height of 1.2" (3cm) and a width of 3.5" (9cm). For higher cross bars, Mounting Brackets 1.0 should be used.
Check your vehicle's manual or contact the manufacturer to know your roof's dynamic weight limit (more info below).
iKamper RTTs have two rails underneath the main panel, and are mounted on your cross bars with adjustable mounting brackets. Check the spacing of each model's mounting rails below to make sure it fits your rack. The rails are 1.77" / 4.5cm wide and 0.98" / 2.5cm tall.
Dynamic weight refers to the weight supported by your vehicle when it is in motion and your roof top tent is closed, while static weight refers to the weight supported by your vehicle when it is stopped and the tent is deployed. The dynamic weight requirements for your vehicle and cross bars / rack system to accommodate our roof top tents is essentially equal to the weight of the tent itself.
The dynamic weight capacity takes into account various forces at play when your vehicle is in motion (acceleration, terrain, turning, etc.).
We recommend after-market cross bars / rack systems as they have a higher dynamic weight capacity than stock cross bars.